Slimmers Support
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Tired of losing weight with no support.. going it alone or joined a club.. but still lacking that individual help? Why not join fellow dieters and make this the one stop community for people to join and shed pounds We do not just cover the main diets!

HomeLatest imagesRegisterLog in
WELCOME to our new look site. Please join us and help us build up this site and make it a site that you want to visit
Similar topics
    Latest topics
    » Anyone Out There
    Reasons to eat breakfast!!! I_icon_minitimeSun 14 Dec 2014, 05:03 by Treats

» Looking forward to getting to know people here...
    Reasons to eat breakfast!!! I_icon_minitimeFri 20 Jun 2014, 18:53 by Treats

» Fatladygettingslim
    Reasons to eat breakfast!!! I_icon_minitimeThu 04 Apr 2013, 00:00 by susiewoosie

» Hello LYNNB
    Reasons to eat breakfast!!! I_icon_minitimeTue 20 Nov 2012, 09:13 by susiewoosie

» Hello Tracy
    Reasons to eat breakfast!!! I_icon_minitimeSun 01 Apr 2012, 03:15 by susiewoosie

» Cauliflower egg fried rice
    Reasons to eat breakfast!!! I_icon_minitimeThu 08 Mar 2012, 08:44 by Becci

» Chicken Curry
    Reasons to eat breakfast!!! I_icon_minitimeMon 05 Mar 2012, 06:55 by Becci

» I AM BACK!!!!
    Reasons to eat breakfast!!! I_icon_minitimeTue 28 Feb 2012, 09:05 by susiewoosie

» Hello Bees Knees
    Reasons to eat breakfast!!! I_icon_minitimeFri 17 Feb 2012, 09:44 by Jacqui

Facebook

Reasons to eat breakfast!!!

Go down 
    AuthorMessage
    Jacqui

Jacqui

Reasons to eat breakfast!!! Empty
    PostSubject: Reasons to eat breakfast!!!   Reasons to eat breakfast!!! I_icon_minitimeSun 31 May 2009, 19:53

You may not think this is a beauty topic.. but believe me.. if you don't get all your vit and mins etc.. this has a knock on effect with the body and after all the body is what we see as beautiful....

I got this information from the lifespan website.. so credit to them!!

Top 10 reasons to eat breakfast:

1. Breakfast restores sugar levels after up to 12 hours of not eating.
    2. It is extremely difficult to get all of your necessary daily nutrients without breakfast.
    3. Adults who skip breakfast are less mentally and physically efficient for longer periods during the day.
    4. People who eat breakfast are more successful at losing weight and sticking to a diet.
    5. Athletes who skip breakfast train less effectively.
    6. Eating breakfast can raise metabolism by as much as 10 percent.
    7. People who eat breakfast regularly are more likely to rate their health as "excellent" or "good."
    8. Missing breakfast increases your chance of heavy machinery and factory accidents.
    9. Eating breakfast has been shown to increase concentration.
    10. Eating a bigger meal in the morning and a smaller meal at night optimizes your daily energy levels.

Building a balanced breakfast

Breakfast should provide at least one quarter of the calories you need for the entire day. Most nutritionists agree that a good breakfast contains the following ingredients:

* At least one serving of fiber
    * At least one fruit and/or vegetable
    * Milk or another source of calcium
    * Protein, i.e., from meat, cheese or eggs

If this sounds like a tall order, it's not. A bowl of cereal with fruit, a cereal bar with a glass of milk or a pita pocket with ham and cheese all fill the bill, as do bigger, traditional breakfasts, like eggs, ham and juice or blueberry pancakes with bacon. And, yes, cold pizza (with a glass of milk) qualifies as a healthy breakfast alternative.

Never eat breakfast?

If your usual breakfast is a cup of coffee, start small by incorporating a glass of juice or milk into your morning routine for a week or so, and then gradually build up to a balanced meal. If you think you don't have time in the morning, consider making breakfast the night before or buying ready-made alternatives, such as cereal bars and juice boxes.
    Back to top Go down

Reasons to eat breakfast!!!
    Page 1 of 1